- Project leader with the Modern Languages in Primary Schools Initiative where teacher training and materials development focused on plurilingual and content-based activities (1998-2002).
- Course leader for MA in Second Language Learning and Teaching.
- Partner the LICI project(Language in Content Instruction - Lingua 2- 229850-CP-1-2006-1FI-LINGUA-L2 ).
- LEA project participant with additional contribution on the relationship between creativity and plurilingualism/culturalism (ECML).
- CLIL Matrix project participant with special contribution on the central role of language teaching/learning methodologies in CLIL (ECML).
Additional expertise in Waterford Institute of Technology: online Portfolio development with an Intercultural dimension; LOLIPOP Lingua 2 project, 116998-CP-1-2004-1-IE-LINGUA_L2.
Role in the project team:
- Dissemination of the results of the project through IRAAL, IAM, AFA, Education/Teachers' Centres, National Council for Curriculum and Assessment and other professional networks in Ireland.
- Teacher training expertise at primary, secondary and third level for content-based teaching, language awareness and technology in language education.
- Expertise in the development of content-based and plurilingual didactic materials for French and English speaking teachers and learners ( see article in http://www.ecml.at/mtp2/CLILmatrix/pdf/wsrepD3E2005_6.pdf).
- Expertise in applied linguistics.
- Experience with other European projects: LEA, CLIL Matrix, LICI.
- Team work and team management experience.